View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 04:47 PM   #858
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Fortunately for Al, Rowan happened to come by. She led Granny Greenhill away to the fireplace. Al did not like how she called him a “nice lad”, though. It sounded as though she was talking about a child. And her mention of his help cleaning up was unnecessary, he thought. At least Rowan didn’t say that I made that mess!

Al didn’t know whether to be angry or thankful to Rowan; for now, he was just feeling embarrassed. He finally decided that she did him a favour. If it wasn’t for Rowan, Granny Greenhill would still be asking me these questions! Just like Rowan said, - what was it? – “you get all in a twist” when you talk to her. She’s a queer type – she seems to know what a hobbit’s thinking by looking at ‘em!

After leaving Granny, Rowan came back to Al. He truly appreciated her offer of more beer. “Thank you muchly! That would be splendid! Could you also bring me some food?”