Old 01-08-2004, 12:12 PM   #140
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Pipe

Hello!

Here is my post, Pio.

It didn't turn out exactly as I had planned, though. But I hope it's okay. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Rosie

Rosie had by all means the intention to check up on the boy as soon as Hedgar had gone out to the mills, and close them up for the night. Her husband however, didn't show any sign of going that evening. This, particularly, seemed to make Rosie even more curious what Fippi was up too; and perhaps her husband was involved as well. She didn't know...yet.

But soon Rosie forgot about Fippi's very queer behaviour, and started to tidy the kitchen. It looked quite messy after a "hard" day's work in it. When she was done, it had become much darker outside, and even Rosie was starting to get tired. It had been almost two hour since Fippi had gone to bed, and now Rosie remembered that she had planned to check up on him. Hedgar however was seated in the kitchen waiting for the late afternoon tea that Rosie was making. He smiled as she looked at him.

"I think I'll go and check on Fippi," Rosie said so that she could she her husband's reaction. She smiled again, and went towards the door.

"...B-but the tea dear?" Hedgar asked faintly, rising slowly from his chair. He got up now, when he saw that Rosie was walking towards the door in direction of Fippi’s room. "Sit down honey.." Hedgar said in a kind and low voice. "Lets drink some tea," he said calmly.

Rosie looked at him suspiciously. What on earth was going on here? She wondered. Why didn't her husband want her to check up on her son? It was like Hedgar heard what she was thinking because he told her not "To disturb the boy's beauty sleep", and then he laughed merrily. Rosie however protests: "Boys need no beauty sleep!" She exclaimed and looked with great eyes at her husband. He laughed again; "You are something...aren't you Rosie? Always...this very...amusing creature, that's what you are." he said and laughed even louder.

Rosie couldn't ignore this, and laughed as well. Taking Rosie's hand he led her over to the table again, and pushed her in her chair. There was something wrong here, Rosie thought. Her husband’s hands were all sweaty. They weren't sweaty…. unless, something.....was going on. Something was wrong. He was nervous, that was it! It was unbelievable how her imagination was teasing with her, and how it created images upon images in her head.

Hedgar got over to the kitchen and picked up two cups and the brought Rosie tea.

This was odd, Rosie thought at once. Hedgar had always been a very kind and loving husband, but she was always the one that served tea. But she had to admit that she liked the idea, and how she was being treated. Like a real lady, she thought.

"Thank you darling," she said and smiled. "The pleasure is mine…" Hedgar said politely, and lifted his cup towards his lips. The tea was quite hot, so the left his mouth as soon as it had come. "Very hot!" He exclaimed.

"Oh...yes, it is indeed." Rosie said and laughed.

"So, what's going on...with Fippi?" She asked suspiciously and she could feel the curiosity eating her up inside. She couldn't quite slip the thought that Fippi had went to bed by himself, and at that time.

"Hm?" Hedgar asked innocently, now picking up his cup again. He looked at her as he was surprised over the question.

"Don't ask if you're surprised now," Rosie said in a teasing, but at the same time suspicious way. Her lips curled slowly when she saw that Hedgar was ignoring the question by taking another long sip of his tea.

Hedgar shrugged, and took a sip of his tea once again. "I t-think he had a bit of a headache." He mumbled. Rosie gasped. Her dear son was sick, and Hedgar hadn't told her! How could he? "He is sick?!?" She asked loudly.

"Noooo...." Hedgar said and sat down the cup again, she took her hand and said: "He's only got a thing headache...t-that's all." He should never have said that, he probably knew that as well, because Rosie was now storming up from the chair. "Why didn't you tell me?" She said curling her lips even more. She seemed upset that her son was sick and that Hedgar hadn't allowed her to help Fippi. "B-because....Fippi wanted to take it easy, and sleep." Hedgar muttered, not seeming the slight of worried at all.

Rosie shrugged. "Perhaps he does...."She said and sat down in the chair.”That was why he wanted to go to bed." She said and sighed. "I can't believe he wouldn't tell his own mother though. Maybe he doesn't like....like me....nursing him." She said and gave a deeper sigh than before. "My dear Fippi is a big boy now...he can handle it alone, that's probably it. That very brave boy of mine..." Rosie said as a tear was streaming down one of her pink cheeks.

"No, honey!" Hedgar said and wiped the tear away. "He loves when you…dull with him.“ He said and gave a faint smile. It was obvious that he didn’t want Rosie to feel bad for anything.

"Yes, you're probably right." Rosie said and sniffed. She took a sip from her tea."He is a big boy now....a big brave boy." She muttered. "Aye, he is indeed." Hedgar said and smiled. Rosie smiled as well, but she could still feel the concern for Fippi. She had always thought of him like a small innocent baby, that needed his mother's love and care for his survival. That was a bit true though, she thought afterwards.

"Let’s make a deal!" Hedgar suggested enthusiastically. Rosie looked up, and waited for Hedgar to continue. "If he doesn't come down tomorrow as early as he always does..." Rosie interrupted Hedgar with her merry laughter. "Yes..?" She said waiting yet again from Hedgar to continue. "....well, then we'll go and talk to him. And then, my dear, you can nurse him...all you want!" He said and smiled at her, now taking a deep breath.

Rosie didn't say anything, she just smiled, over the fantastic idea her husband had just brought up. He was truly a man with a great character…..

Okay, I figured it would be best for Hedgar [both of them] if Rosie didn't find out that "Fippi had gone out with friends from school." Heh.... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Tell me if I need to fix aything, [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks,
Oro