View Single Post
Old 01-07-2004, 12:08 PM   #130
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Novnarwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Novnarwen Send a message via Yahoo to Novnarwen
Sting

Congrats Cathol-linn!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Pio- Could you paste this up in the save (14th December) please?

Fippi

Fippi sat alone, gloating. He couldn't really believe he was going out tonight, saving rabbits. In a way he felt very pleased with himself. This was after all a symbol of friendship, between him and his class mates. He giggled, but stopped as soon as his mother passed him by, looking suspiciously at the him.

"You're awfully happy today," she muttered with a short laugh.

Fippi smirked, but didn't answer. He told her that he was tired and wanted to go to bed. His mother looked at him oddly, however, Fippi wasn't surprised by it. He never actually volunteered to go to bed. Hedgar usually had to make him go to bed. Fippi sighed and looked at Rosie, who didn't understand her son's intention. "I am really tired," he added quickly.

"Is there something wrong?" she asked. Fippi opened his eyes wide open. "Well, I mean," Rosie started as soon as she saw the disappointed face expression in her son's face. "You never go to bed willingly so why the sudden ..."

She was interrupted by Hedgar who appeared in the door. "Just let the boy go to bed, or he'll get cranky tomorrow," Hedgar said being amused by the whole scene. He lifted his cup up to his mouth and drank the final drops of tea. He waited for Rosie to come with objections which eventually came. "But Hedgar… Something is wrong! This boy doesn't need sleep! He never goes to bed when he is supposed to, and he isn't very cranky of nature either!" she exclaimed aggressively.

Fippi looked up at his mother and shook his head. She is figuring me out, Fippi thought desperately, trying to look very innocent. He felt his hands being sweaty and his head was getting ever warmer. This was definitely over. If Rosie continued this she would figure it out and he would get hear much yelling for even thinking about getting out so late at night. He shuddered as he straightened up to listen to Hedgar's 'defence'.

"Rosie! For one time sake's, let the boy sleep. He won't get lazy for sleeping once in a while," Hedgar started. He was immediately interrupted by Rosie who raised her voice to another level. She explained that this lazy-thing wasn't the point. "Not the point at all!" she expressed. "The boy is up to something!" She said again, but was overwhelmed by Hedgar's fierce voice.

"It's not like he is doing something against the law," Hedgar said. He continued:" It's not like he is going to run away." Hedgar looked at Fippi and blinked. Fippi almost jumped up by that last sentence, but made himself smile and blink back to his father, who obviously thought there was nothing wrong whatsoever.

After huge debate Fippi’s parents reached the decision that their boy would do nothing wrong. "Right?" Rosie said, looking questioningly at her son. Fippi nodded, but looked worryingly down on the floor. He raised from his stool and made his way out of the room, having his parents behind exchanging worried looks and expressions. He saw Hedgar ending the debate as he made himself another cup of tea. Fippi advanced towards the door of his room and slid through the door. How was he going to make it out of the house when his mother was so suspicious? He had no idea, and soon he gave up the idea of ever getting out of the hobbit hole to be with his friends, saving the rabbits. He undressed and put on his night wear. Fippi looked out of the window, where the sky was already turning dark and the light from the moon shone brightly.

"KNOCK! KNOCK!"

Fippi turned around as he saw the door of his room slide open. Fippi sprang towards his bed and threw himself on it. In a desperate movement he turned the light out and was silent...

"I know you're awake, sonny," Hedgar said as soon as he had tip-toed into the room. Fippi sat up and looked at his father. "Now?" Hedgar said, having another cup of tea in his hand. Fippi frowned while asking; ”Now what?"

"Oh come on boy! You can tell me! What was your ‘plan’? I want to know! I am curious! See? It's eating me alive!"

Fippi was both surprised and stunned by his father’s sudden eagerness to know everything, and for moments Fippi couldn't get himself to speak. He managed to press forwards however, that he was supposed to meet some friends. "From school, that is," he finished. Hedgar looked as if he was in deep thought and now and then he put his cup to his mouth and drank in small gulps. Fippi held his tongue and waited for Hedgar to think this through. At first Fippi couldn't believe he had just told his father. There was absolutely no way he was going away with this, or rather, there was no way Hedgar would allow him to meet friends at this time of night.

"Friends you say?" Hedgar asked thoughtfully. Having emptied his cup and all, Fippi had to think fast. Hadger wasn't very co-operative without tea and sugar running in his veins.

"Aye," Fippi said, as he knew Hedgar loved when people said 'aye' instead of 'yes', which after Hedgar's opinion was too 'Big-Folkish'.

"Well then... Off you go! And I'll cover for you for about 1-2 hours. I cannot guarantee more time," he said quickly now rising from Fippi's bed where, he had been sitting comfortably.

Silently, but with great excitement, Fippi had made it out of the house as soon as his father had agreed. Fippi was still a bit worried about the fact that his father was 'covering' for him, whatever that meant. He shrugged. Now the most important thing was to make it to the agreed meeting-place and hopefully they hadn't gone to the hedge already.

Fippi ran the last bit of the road and met the others, breathing heavily. "Ready?" one of the children asked as soon as he saw Fippi arriving.

Let me know if something needs to be changed!

Thanks,
Nova [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]