View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 09:04 PM   #238
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
Well since you haven't read past page three you wouldn't know this but Roa had to quit sadly... She was an ordo
On which note, let's remember that we now do have information about someone's role– and unlike most people who drop out early, Roa was in the thick of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
As an ordo I know it. 'nuff said - meaning we're coming to the "uncomfortable zone" here and I'm not willing to argue anything as it's one of those things a player is not allowed to produce evidence for (which is actually just fair). Everyone can use their little grey cells though... and I suggest you all ordos do it and see it yourselves.
This again: the post is manipulative and confusing. "It's one of those things a player is not allowed to produce evidence for" - that's where Roa thought he was trying to hint that he was a seer. One of the other gifteds could fit here, too - and we know that Roa wasn't trying to mislead us now.
I know– or think I know– what Nogrod's talking about. However, the wording is vague enough that everyone is liable to interpret it differently, so I'm not sure. If he did mean what I think he meant, it would point to his innocence– but only by the use of meta-reasoning. And I could be completely wrong anyway. I can certainly understand why Roa thought he was hinting at being the Seer.

Now, I haven't read through yesterDay, but I believe there were at least a couple of people who claimed to find Nogrod's case convincing, and probably need looking at. It was a pretty dodgy case, after all.

On the subject of grammar–

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
"Which is actually just fair" - a weak sentence on its own. The subject is 'which' - this naturally confuses the reader. Which is not a strong subject. The verb 'is' happens to be a linking verb. Linking verbs are weak verbs, and confuse readers. 'Actually just fair' - do I really have to break this down? It's three descriptions, one after the other. One would have done the job, and would have been much easier to read.
*cough**cough* Nogrod = non-native speaker. Just so you know. Besides, Lottie, not everyone's an English major...

EDIT:X'd since Lottie at 229; added comment.
EDIT2:got X'ing wrong.

Last edited by Nerwen; 12-01-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote