View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 10:12 AM   #3052
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
I understand the logic of the story. The army of the Rohirrim traveled from Edoras to Minas Tirith in 4 or 5 days, NOT using the road all the time. Based on that, I figure travel time to Scarburg would be 5 longish days, maybe 6. This is why I posited 10 days previous, to give Eodwine at least 4 or 5 days recovery. If this is deemed not enough time, I understand and I'll just wait. Under these circumstances, I must confess that I will continue to find it difficult to be motivated to post.
The 10 days looked, with the bit of stretch as much as story normally can allow and allows, logical enough to me. It's just that him popping up tomorrow that struck me as quite weird...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP
I want to be sure that I understand this correctly. It appears that you are saying, Legate, that it is my own fault that Eodwine has been sick in Minas Tirth. Am I understanding you correctly?
Well, I don't know how the story exactly came to that point, as I haven't been around when it happened, but of course, he's your character, isn't he? I don't know if you call it "fault", but it is how things are, apparently. (Not sure what you are following by asking about this, because you know a lot more about it than me.) I gathered that you had put Eodwine "on standby" (or that you originally didn't want to make him return at all, assuming from that Athanar etc. was supposed to take his post permanently?), so now of course there was trouble with bringing him back, because the game continued with counting on your original idea of him not being there at the moment, or for long (although as we can see, possibilities to do it are still there, only it does not go as smoothly).
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories