View Single Post
Old 12-17-2003, 11:05 PM   #7
Dininziliel
Wight

Dininziliel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I, too, have few complaints because I'm still basking in the glow of seeing it this afternoon.<P>Eowyn is one of my favorite characters in the movie because of how well she & Mortenson worked together. She was a bit frail and girly compared to the book Eowyn, but I found her believable. I loved the way she rode w/Merry between the legs of a mumakil and twirled a sword in both hands to bring down both its rear legs. It was a move worthy of Legolas or Aragorn.<P>I think the dialogue with the Witchking could have used the book's version to good effect. Her grim determination to die after believing all she'd desired was futile was somewhat missing. And, I'm not sure that her arm was broken or stayed broken after the Witchking maced her. Last, it bothered me that suddenly we see Eowyn and Faramir conveniently and suddenly hooked up together. I'm hoping the EE will take care of the missing piece as that is some of the best dialogue in the book.<P>All that being said, Eowyn/Otto is a high point any time she is on screen. She has a presence that commands my attention and the scenes in RotK, while not "perfect," were more than good enough!