View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 02:25 PM   #714
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Mithalwen

"Oh no! Put that away, there will be food and I am sure that you are as tired of waybread as these two are after long on the road - I will ask the landlord if we might have a cold collation if a hot meal is out of the question - even bread and cheese will serve with a good bottle of wine.", Mithalwen looked across to see if she could catch the inn keeper's eye . No, she would have to go over in a moment but the younger elf woman's comment had struck a chord.

"I understand I think that you feel like that about Mithlond. I love it and it has been my home for most of my life but .... it is a place many come to only to leave Middle Earth forever. I get restless whenever a ship is to sail. I am not ready to go but now so few remain. At such times I am wont to travel which I have little inclination for in these latter days otherwise. Only these two and their father remain of my near kin in Middle Earth. My father and other brother died in the service of Gilgalad and my mother sailed soon after. Since then many friends have followed". Mithalwen sighed softly then smiled. "Well I shall go and see what food can be had ..I shan't be long" she rose and slipped across to the bar.

The twins waited till they could see their aunt was out of earshot and grinned at Idhreniel. " I am glad you joined us" said the boy. " looks like we might find out some of the family history Ada is so mysterious about".