View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 12:00 AM   #684
Lilly
Haunting Spirit

Lilly has just left Hobbiton.
Away from the Inn....but getting nearer

‘You had any thoughts, yet, on that letter, Hugh?’ Hands on hips, Will looked expectantly up at the postman.
Hugh lowered his flask of tea mid-swig and swiped his lips with the back of his hand. ‘What’s that you said, Will?’ he asked, pushing the cork securely into the neck of the flask. His mind had been on how his hindside was beginning to ache a bit, to chafe in the saddle, what with all this hurrying along back to the Inn.

He rubbed the back of his neck and let out a considering sigh. ‘Well, let’s see. Hmmmm....it was a big thick letter. Much handled. You know....a number of dirty fingerprints and some water stains, too. Crumpled, probably from being stuffed into sacks, and pouches, and such.’ Hugh pursed his lips and nodded his head as something jogged his memory.’You know, I think the hunter fellow who passed it on to me said he’d come up from the south and....and the west. And he’d got it from another man.....Oh good gravy, I know something was said about that fellow, too, but I just can’t seem to remember.

Last edited by Lilly; 11-09-2008 at 10:27 PM.