View Single Post
Old 12-02-2003, 09:54 PM   #24
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Maybe I'm an idiot but I love how they use some of the same themes over and over again<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I love it too! In particular I love the Shire theme, and the theme of the Ring. One thing I'm really sad about, actually, is the disappearance of the Ringwraith theme after the first soundtrack! I loved that theme! <P>I really love the Gondor theme as well; in the track "Minas Tirith" it really blew me away, there at the end. It's a really gorgeous bit of music.<P>I did look up the poem that Billy took his song from; and I have to admit, I didn't even notice the connexion until someone here pointed it out! Billy's voice is so amazing, he really did an incredible job on that song. One thing that really makes it resonate (to me anyway) is that it's this really haunting, mellow song, and then just a few seconds after he finishes, you get dropped into Minas Morgul, and it's just such a jarring change. It really makes you think, "Whoa that song was so beautiful, why did they have to dump me here now?"<P> j/k. I love the Minas Morgul track too. It's just the change is so abupt; it makes the last bit just stand out more.<P>Oh, and Enny, good for you for listening to the whole thing! It's awesome, isn't it?<P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~