View Single Post
Old 11-25-2003, 05:09 AM   #4
mollecon
Wight

mollecon has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yes, I do think the official release date is today (Nov 25th). But the local store I got it at hadn't noticed, it seems - & I didn't tell them . Spoilers?!? A bit hard when we're talking music, ain't it? I don't plan on publishing the score... OK, I know what you mean, Knight of Gondor - but my ability to convey the music in writing is at best very limited, so I don't think the problem is that big.<P>THE Ka, you're referring to Loreena McKennitt (yeah, I also have trouble with spelling her name - had to pull a CD out to get it right ) of course. She's great, & IMO better than Enya in terms of a solo artist - though I did like Enya's contributions to the first soundtrack a lot. But Alas, McKennitt withdrew herself from the music scene a couple of years ago - it was caused by some terrible family tragedy that I cannot remember the details of .<P>Back to the present soundtrack (Spoiler!): I still havent noticed the same sort of ear catching theme(s) that one finds on the first two soundtracks. On the other hand, the mood of the music on this one is very intense, bordering desperate, through most of the first 15-16 tracks - which of course makes sense in the context.<P>I really think Annie Lennox' song will grow on people - her voice may not be as beautifull & clear as Enya's, but Lennox' shure packs some emotion in it! And she <I>does</I> have a very powerfull voice. Lyrics seems nice, too - references to Legolas' seagulls, among other things...<p>[ November 25, 2003: Message edited by: mollecon ]
mollecon is offline   Reply With Quote