View Single Post
Old 12-31-2002, 04:28 PM   #109
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Thank you for clearing that up for me. But why the h*ll did it have to be an elf. Why did'n't they just let Gloín die instead? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Gloin would involve Dwarves, and that would involve them getting involved, which they don't really do. Elves, however, do get involved.<P>Did you guys know that The Fellowship of the Ring did very well in the U.S.A. MTV Movie Awards? While, for some odd reason, most teens will probably vote for "8 Mile" this year, I've seen a lot of teen-agers going to the movies to see The Two Towers multiple times (I mean besides freaks like me). Orlando Bloom even beat out a lot of really popular actors (such as Heath Ledger and the like) for Best Breakthrough Male last year. So, at least we will have a teen market. Although it's not a very deep market, it's still spectators.<P>And has Harry Potter been up for any Golden Globes? Because they didn't mention anything about that in their ad. All the other movies mention "up for (fill in the blank) awards, including (fill in the blank)".<P>Actually: you know what might be a surprise and win out for a few categories instead of Lord of the Rings? Chicago, the Movie might because even I have to admit that it is really good (and I hate Richard Gere with a fiery passion) and I'm probably going to make a second or even a third appearance to see it in the theaters.<p>[ December 31, 2002: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]