View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 01:31 PM   #1192
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Hilderinc

The corners of Hilderinc's mouth twitched in almost invisible smile - which, however, for his generally rather impassive face was more than enough of an effort. What Tyrdda said had reminded him of the first evening which could have easily ended up in a catastrophe, and all the trouble that followed.

"I could not agree more," he said. "Still, I believe the biggest jesters have left us after that... a pity, maybe," he wondered, remembering Erbrand. "I did not get the chance to get to know them, but they were among the first ones to talk to me here... well, under different circumstances," he added. Then his mind returned to the present. "But no, I would certainly not object to being spared from events similar to that of the first evening in the coming days."

Hilderinc, too, had overheard some raised voices from inside the hall, and briefly wondered what was going on there. Suddenly, however, something which sounded more like a general - or at least bigger - burst of laughter seemed to echo from the inside. That calmed him down a bit.

"You seem to be right, I wonder what is going on in there," he looked at Tyrdda, who also seemed to have noticed the strange sound. "Maybe there were still some jesters left, then, whom you have managed to keep hidden from us? Unless..." he said thoughtfully, "unless Eodwine brought some with him?" He remembered those who accompanied Eodwine: there was just Falco, but also, he recalled suddenly, that woman whose name he did not even know.

"I assume you might know what is the name of the young woman who came with him?" he said aloud. "Who is she?"