View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 09:16 PM   #169
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
For what it's worth, I, at least, play the role given to me, idealistic though that may be. Regardless of what side he's on, Frodo is not a werebear, out for himself. Ordos work for the village's benefit, so as long as he is one, that's the side he has to play, even if it makes things more difficult later. Don't you think I might love to assign myself the role of unofficial cobbler (in all the games I've played, I've never once been a cobbler)? Only the moddess can tell us for sure, but it seems to me like Frodo turning "cobbler" before he's been turned into a wraith isn't really playing fair.
Well no, Frodo's not a cobbler. He is on our side...until the wraiths try to kill him. I can't imagine switching sides so suddenly is an easy business, but at the same time a cursed role could be a fun role to play and honestly, I wouldn't blame Frodo if he did want to be turned at some point...it's certainly more fun than say, turning himself in. In any case, Frodo has to be prepared in case he gets turned. I doubt he'd act cobblerish...he wouldn't want to stand out too much because if he gets turned before he gets lynched then he could become an easy lynching target...and once a wraith, he certainly wouldn't want that. While it may be easiest for the village, I think asking the Ringbearer to reveal on Day One only so he can get lynched isn't a very fair request. This WW game is exactly what it is...a game. It's not about winning or losing as much as having fun. A player should be able to get the most they can out of their role...simply giving yourself up may be easy, but it's certainly not as fun for anyone. If I were Frodo, I wouldn't reveal just because a couple people told me to, especially not on Day One. Surely I'm not the only one who feels this way?