View Single Post
Old 10-23-2022, 05:39 AM   #16
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
One for Galadriel, one for Elrond and one for Gil-Galad which will pass on to Gandalf later? Also wondering when we'll see the other rings being forged.
[B]
They have said Cirdan is coming in Season 2...and a bearded Cirdan:

https://time.com/6205027/cirdan-the-...ower-season-2/

If I recall correctly, from the books (not that this will be at all relevant to how they do it in RoP), Gil-galad at one time had Vilya and Narya. It was before the Last Alliance that Gil-galad gave Vilya to Elrond and Narya to Cirdan.

I'm not sure how or if they'll work Cirdan into getting Narya, but apparently he's coming i in Season 2. If I had to guess Cirdan gets Narya right away, after randomly appearing in Eregion (because that's the MO of how they're writing this), Gil-galad gets Vilya, Galadriel Nenya.

This is also part of the reason why they could have just cut Numenor out of Season 1. There was no need for Galadriel to be in Numenor, or Sauron to be there at this time. Apparently, they had to be for the "Numenor rides to save the Southlands" plot. It's so scatter-brained. Maybe, it will all come together, but why leave Cirdan for Season 2 if he's (I'm assuming) going to get Narya? Why not establish his character in Season 1 with the other prominent Elven "kings?"

Last edited by Boromir88; 10-23-2022 at 05:45 AM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote