View Single Post
Old 10-16-2022, 03:44 PM   #1
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
1420! How would you have written The Rings of Power?

Okay, we have now seen all the episodes (those who continued watching) of the first year of Amazon's Rings of Power. Some of us are greatly dissatisfied. Some of us are more willing to cut the writers and show runners some slack. This means that we all have an inner sense of what the Second Age should be about.

So, what is your inner Second Age? How would you have written a tv serial based on the Appendices of LotR?

And before the naysayers and wags get ahold of this thread ("just the way Tolkien did it"), let me present one idea I saw recently about how it should have been done. The author remains anonymous; it isn't me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by one visionary critic
The show should be about the Rise and Fall of Númenor and the part that Sauron plays in that arc - not Galadriel.
Considering the Protagonists would be Men, with some compression we would be able to experience the creation of Númenor by Ulmo, the establishment of the Royal Line and Elrond's part, while dealing with the Noldor (Gil-Galad and Círdan) in a peripheral way and the Dwarves and the Harfoots in a larger way. The Appendices are rife with good potential story telling material. Why didn't they follow it instead of the Plucky Battle Maiden Elf who serves no purpose but to confuse the chronology?
So, does this sound like a better idea? What would you have wanted to see? Write out your fanfiction heart here!