View Single Post
Old 09-19-2022, 03:06 AM   #16
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
Legate, I believe you wrote a comment in the Episode 3 thread about the Meteor Man and not finding out anymore to uncover his mystery. Unfortunately, it might be one of the mysteries that get strung along. The actor playing him said in an interview, prior to the series, that the mystery of The Stranger and his purpose isn't revealed in Season 1. I don't think he gave anymore as far as when it's "revealed" but we're at least going to get 5 more episodes of clues, or red herrings, with no actual resolution.
Really? Well, a shame. That sounds like another example of the show's bad pacing. Doesn't sound like he's going to have much of an arc in season 1 then, and rather like he's just gonna be there. Which begs the question why did they even introduce him (or the harfoots) yet, if the plot has nowhere to go yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
My thoughts though are it could possibly put me off from the show if Halbrand is Sauron. It would completely ruin Galadriel's character, for me. Even more so than this "there is a tempest in me" and feeling like she's going to have some sort of tantrum every time another authority figure tells her no. I mean, Galadriel is someone we know who has remarkable insight into people (even before her ring) it's established she is known to be able to read people. They've already established will not rest in defeating Sauron, obsessively hunting for him after Finrod's death, rejected Annatar (because she's a superb judge of character). To have her fooled in a cheap "gotcha" Halbrand is Sauron, would butcher her character, imo. I don't think the showrunners are that terrible to pull a Halbrand is Sauron. At least they haven't shown they are yet.
Agreed. Also it would make the sexual tension between them even more cringy. (Fortunately they haven't really played that angle the way I was afraid they would. It seemed like that in episode 2 but they have seemed to take a step back since and I didn't really get that vibe from episode 4 anymore, thankfully.) But Galadriel coming back to rescue Halbrand to help him reclaim his throne seemed quite undeserved to me, and it would be worse if he was Sauron. I mean, currently I can buy it that she sees in him potential for greatness (or decency) that I just personally don't see.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote