View Single Post
Old 09-12-2022, 03:41 AM   #14
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Murry View Post
I find the tone -- which means "a speaker/writer's attitude towards his or her listeners/readers" -- of the highlighted passage both dismissive and condescending. I have not requested anyone's forgiveness nor do I require any. But I do thank you for the opportunity to highlight the distinction between propounding a Theory of Inoffensive Tonality and the choice not to practice it.
You made an inaccurate comment niggling over Bethberry's word choice of "read" vs. "view." Now I took the post as an attempt to derail the thread to debate the word choice and not the topic. Bethberry defended why she chose "read" and corrected your inaccurate post. I've been corrected by Bethberry before, it's never condescending. I actually got corrected in the same thread. Thread resumes as normal.

Now you bring over comments from another thread to try to derail this one? Instead of debating the topic you seem to want to bring over a debate with another member.