View Single Post
Old 07-27-2022, 06:55 PM   #33
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morthoron View Post
This article is certainly stilted toward a certain position; however, beyond the slanted hyperbole, the sobering commentary of the actors themselves should give some pause regarding the blatant revisionism and modernity being forced into Tolkien's work:

https://boundingintocomics.com/2022/...-of-modernity/

And why does Sauron look like Eminem? Will the real Slim Sauron please stand up, please stand up, please stand up.
Well that's just terrifying. I hate it when there's a nice fantasy show and then they throw their modern BS opinions in the middle of it. I have quit shows because of it. Do these script writers not realize that people watch their show for escapism? I do not want to be reminded MORE about politics (especially ONE COUNTRIES politics *cough* America *cough*).

Quote:
Nomvete then made it abundantly clear this show has nothing to do with Tolkien’s work other than the name of the series and characters.
Kill me now.

Like...I knew it wouldn't be faithful, but...ugh...

I don't believe that Tolkien ever mentioned skin color unless it was actually relevant ie: Orcs are black and their blood is black and they are corrupted. Elves are described as "fair". Dwarves are described as "rock-like" or "hewn of stone" or whatever. Rocks come in a large variety of colors so where's my green Dwarf, huh?

Their whole concept of "modern" appears to be based on skin color.

Now Ismael (Arondir) says that they are trying to modernize Jackson's work, which is more like it. Nomvete needs to read a book by Tolkien and separate Jackson and Tolkien's visions.

Also, don't Elves have long hair? Shouldn't Sauron have long hair? Shadow of Mordor Sauron looks more like what I imagine a "nice" Sauron to look like.
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote