View Single Post
Old 07-15-2022, 07:51 AM   #351
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
I just saw a trailer for the show, and now I am hooked. It didn't really say much about the storyline. Mostly it was a series of oneliners, epic scenery and grand music. It was however enough to get me exited.

Now I am ticked off because I can see no way around giving Jeff Bezos my money.
I've just done a rundown of this trailer in the other thread.

I do think that between the three trailers, we get a good overview of where the various characters start out:

- Galadriel believes there is still evil out there, and argues with Elrond about it. She then apparently gets on a boat to sail West, falls off the boat, is rescued by a raft, and then re-rescued to Numenor where she hangs out with Elendil. She may end up riding with Numenorean cavalry.

- Elrond is part of Galadriel's orc-hunting party, but doesn't believe there's anything to find. He's then sent to Khazad-dum, where the dwarves aren't too keen on him - but Durin IV seems more kindly inclined.

- Arondir is defending mortals against enemies who are definitely there. It certainly looks as though there's a slavery/prisoner arc in there, given the number of chains he hangs out with.

- Elendil appears to be pro-Pharazon at first; presumably meeting an Actual Elf will change this. (Note that an early version of Isildur was pro-Pharazon in Tolkien's drafts, before having a similar change of heart.)

- Nori and the Harfeet just want to be left alone, until some dude falls from the sky and starts being weird at them. Nori is his buddy. He might be Sauron, or he might be really obvious misdirection.

- And it's clear that there's substantial flashbacks to the First Age. 3-4 shots in the new trailer, plus at least one in the original - it may literally just be flashes/prologue, but it's definitely there.

hS