View Single Post
Old 06-28-2022, 06:31 AM   #2
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
My 2020 analysis post was over here (another forum), and I thought it'd be fun to see how I did:
  • Joseph Mawle - still unidentified. I said Sauron, but I'm now thinking - maybe Pharazon?
  • Robert Aramayo - Elrond. I said Aldarion, based on the idea of him as the male lead. I was misled!
  • Markella Kavenagh - Nori. I said Erendis, again on the female lead concept. I feel like they've moved away from "lead" as a concept, and especially from Elrond and Nori - the trailers have treated Galadriel as the lead character!
  • Owain Arthur - Durin IV. I said definitely a dwarf, and possibly even King Durin. Spot on!
  • Nazanin Boniadi - Bronwyn. I said "a native of Middle-earth", and she does seem to be.
  • Tyroe Muhafidin - Theo. I said he was definitely Bronwyn's child, and given that they've appeared together in pictures, that's still plausible.
  • Tom Budge - still unidentified, but I wanted him to be... Elrond. Presumably Isildur or Elendil, as they're probably on the posters.
  • Morfydd Clark - Galadriel. I said Galadriel! Way before we knew there was a Galadriel!
  • Ismael Cruz Córdova - Arondir. I said Haradrim, on the assumption of racism, and I'm pleased to be wrong.
  • Sophia Nomvete - Disa. Again, I said "almost certainly" Haradrim.
  • Ema Horvath - still unidentified. I have her as "a probable Numenorean", so she could plausibly be the missing Carine.
  • Megan Richards - Poppy Proudfellow. I just guessed Numenorean, but frankly she looks like a Hobbit.
  • Dylan Smith - Largo Brandyfoot. I guessed dwarf, he's a hobbit.
  • Charlie Vickers - Halbrand. I guessed Numenorean, which I think is correct. He's Galadriel's buddy on her raft.
  • Daniel Weyman - The Stranger. I guessed he was a Time Lord, and given his 'falling out of the sky on a comet' thing, I'm not going to say I was wrong!

So overall, I didn't do too badly - especially since the presence of Halflings was something I could never have predicted.

hS