View Single Post
Old 06-16-2021, 02:31 AM   #6
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
My first thought upon learning about this was that they might do a lot of very "overepic" and, yes, sadly violence-centered shots (what Inzil said about punching Freca to death).

Anything is of course possible. They might go a completely different way. But I somehow think that this could easily be Tolkien in nothing but a name: the focus being only on war; yes, perhaps in the spirit of old sagas, but lacking the elements that are central to Tolkien (or in other words, swapping the margins for the centre). Not realising that Tolkien may have used the elements of forms of old warrior-sagas, but that the spirit is something completely different. That the focus is not on war and honour for the sake of honour, but on so much more, like mercy, beauty, loss, hope...

Anyway, my subconscious apparently came up with yet a different take on how this might go in a dream I recently had.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote