View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 04:39 PM   #289
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
^_^ Coping with work is essentially why I got the pin in the first place, though in my case it's More Paperwork I'm (always) dreading. What was yours? Because I bet it's more interesting to describe.
Dunno if it's more interesting. It was the first day of a new rotation, at a new location, with no information about where I'm supposed to go - or even what unit I'm supposed to be at. With two orientations one right after the other at the start of the day - an online one for general things, and an in-person one immediately after on a different site from my placement. Documents and instructions not showing up where they are supposed to be. This in preparation for an in-patient (= usually more intense) rotation in a specialty I don't particularly like. And I only got a couple hours of sleep the previous night, for unrelated reasons, which didn't help matters. It was not a good morning. And then, between the orientations and heading over to where my actual placement is, I glimpsed at the Downs for moral support - and there were the pins, right on cue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
She's got Beren and Luthien too! We could do a pin-based Zong video.
A puppet show! :-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
I may try and hunt down another vocalist elsewhere, though I'm not sure there are any over there. (Well, I am - if we needed more women!)
Yeah, if we ever needed more women, I could probably get a whole handful. It's finding the male vocalists which is the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
It works. The one thing I'd query is the last two lines of it - "One single hope" etc. You've kept that in the same style, which means it's a very abrupt transition back to the rock parts.
Hmm. I think I can do a more gradual transition over "sworn is the oath". Or do you think these 2 lines need a style of their own entirely, rather than just transition?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
I think it works. 'Harder to sing' is not a problem; I can just rerecord random bits of lines.
I think it actually worked quite well in the rough cut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
Yeah, I think it should be the chorus; I imagine it as being the only line of the other Sons of Feanor. I spent five minutes just now thinking about how it should go, but I do think "Swear to" is best - because it means "Sworn is the Oath though all Arda reject us" highlights the progress of time.
I did not think of that. Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
(I also flipped the first 'we vowed to you' back to 'vow', for the same reason; not that you can tell by listening...!)
I think both ways work, but I don't think it's a critical difference. The main parts are all in past tense, only the middle can be thought of as the present. Either way works for the "vow to you, Feanor" line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
The Oath: Rough Cut

This is very rough. Once again I haven't differentiated the voices, and the video is missing its title and credits, plus one effect inspired by V1 that I haven't gotten round to. Also the transition on Curufin's emblem got reversed for some reason (whoops!). And Curufin has the wrong colour border... yeah, I know, but! It's something at any rate. Perhaps I can clean it up tomorrow.
!!! !!!

I still can't get over the fading in and out of colour. And the flickering on "Vault of the Heavens etc" is perfect!

What is the structure in the background? It looks very fitting, but my Tolkien lore is not enough to identify it with certainty. Formenos?

Last edited by Galadriel55; 09-29-2020 at 05:00 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote