View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 09:38 AM   #151
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
After the 2+ week marathon of Zonging, it feels weird to get up in the morning and have no songs to translate and no major editing to do. Just minor tinkering here and there. It feels a little empty.
As for me, I've watched the entire V2 with subtitles (one song at a time over the course of the day), and while there's plenty of points where the lyrics are stuffed with slow beats (mine) or get a bit too Yoda (both of ours), I think it's really good. I love the Aria, both of Galadriel's songs, and Luthien's Duel in particular.

Is it just the one passage at the end of Captivity that's actually different, rather than missing, in V1? If you have your translation for that, at some point I'll put together subtitles for that version too.

I've also reshuffled the Appendices of the Libretto, putting a "What's a Sillymillion?" summary of What Has Gone Before. I've tried not to mention anything that doesn't come up in the musical, which means weird absences like Finwe and Fingolfin, but hopefully it does its job.

Do we also want an equivalent of this (which is what the Russians call the libretto)? If you're looking for translation/adaptation work to do... ^_~

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote