View Single Post
Old 09-17-2003, 03:04 PM   #74
Aiwendil
Late Istar

Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Welcome to both Undoriel and Asa. I'm glad you're interested in our project.

If you've looked over the "Introduction" thread and understand what the basis and goals of the project are, you can start contributing at any time. To get access to the private forum, you need to PM me and I'll send you the password.

Currently, our main project is a revision of the "Fall of Gondolin" from the Book of Lost Tales. This sub-project has been going on for quite a while and has left a long trail of intricate discussion behind it. If you're feeling especially brave, you can look over the Gondolin-related threads, especially: "A Project: Revising the Fall of Gondolin", "Mechanical Monsters at the Fall of Gondolin?", and "Rog - canonical Elvish or no?".

But if the length and complexity of those discussions are overwhelming, don't worry. You can also get involved in the Ainulindale/Valaquenta projects and the Ruin of Doriath project. The Ainulindale/Valaquenta stuff is theoretically an active project at this point, but of late is has been neglected in favor of the Gondolin material. The Ruin of Doriath project was begun recently but also put on hold until we finish the Fall of Gondolin.

By the way, you might also want to look at the locked "Principles" thread. The discussion there got a little intense, but it will give you a good idea of how we go about this work.
Aiwendil is offline   Reply With Quote