View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 10:04 PM   #68
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Am I misremembering? There was definitely discussion about this before the game began.

Speaking of roles and abilities, we missed out on the chance of having two lovers, Huor and Rian!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morm
Special abilities: may pm each other. Often the death of one will kill the other, or the survivor may be allowed a "revenge-kill". Note: there are many possible variants of Lovers; sometimes one or both has another role, which may be evil. Otherwise Lovers are generally assumed to play for the village, but this is not always the case.
... Have to admit it would be kind of nice to see a set up where Rian has a 'revenge-kill' for Huor.

I was wondering about it too, but did some extensive combing through the discussion thread and you're correct:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
I'm all for the quarantined wolves being able to PM each other (by Night), but not to the living ones.
Does make the whole QT element extremely interesting in games and kind of nerve racking. Considering without this PM ability with QT wolves, you'd assume it would put them in the dark and cut off from further scheming from incoming fellows and villagers/gifted.
With this twist, even if a wolf was sent to QT early on, a late incoming wolf could pretty much have a wolf kiki...

Thinking more on the mechanics of this, so if I'm correct and not too tired, on the second Night the QT will only have 1 player there to cast a vote?

As for Lommy and I having similar ideas... I have to confess I haven't read Lommy's post yet (I kind of skimmed to get some idea where we were because I came in later... not meant as an affront to anyone's post), but since I have a few more free moments I can catch up. I'll probably be around for another hour or so until It's time for me to turn in.

Last edited by THE Ka; 05-04-2020 at 10:23 PM. Reason: small epiphanies here and there
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote