View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 12:02 AM   #2157
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Miz Bella

Mis Bella listened quietly as Widow Rosebank explained how and why she'd come to the Shire and about her business back in Bree. When the Widow had come to the end of her explanation, Miz Bella threw back her head and laughed, "I'm definitely not the one to see about transactions at the Faire. I am a newcomer myself to these parts and a teacher of young children. Business dealings were always beyond me. Maybe that's because I am a Took, born and raised outside these lands, one of the very few hobbits whose father went roaming far from the Shire. You see, father was never much for practical things either," added Miz Bella with a sigh.

"But that's enough about me. I do admire gumption in a hobbit, and you seem to have plenty of it. I know there are folk here who could help you. Cook, now, knows everyone in these parts and can put you in touch with someone with a good business head on their shoulders."

"But there is one thing you said that I am definitely interested in," Mix Bella stared fixedly at the Widow. "I love good yarns and such. You wouldn't happen to have any of those finished yarns for stitchery along with you? I'm looking to buy some for the little ones who come to my class. They'll be working on the props for one of the plays that's to be put on at the Faire. A bit of brightly colored yarn would do well both for decoration and even for sewing some of the puppet costumes and such."

"If you've got such along with you, I'd be mighty obliged to have a look...."

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 08-16-2005 at 12:06 AM.