View Single Post
Old 07-23-2005, 10:42 AM   #2131
Seth Cotton
Pile O'Bones

Seth Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Éothen

Éothen nodded and sat down in the opposite chair with his tea and bread. He started to eat a little of his bread, and he noticed the woman was looking at him. He looked up at her, smiling friendly, then she asked 'From whence do you come, Sir, if you don't mind my asking. You are man of Rohan, if I am not mistaken, and that is a place far off from this.'.

‘True.’ Éothen said shortly and cleaned his hands with the napkin. ‘Far indeed; it was a long journey here.’ He smiled and sipped some of his tea, the aroma was delightful and the heat from the tea sparkled and warmed hup his whole body. He had a recovering feeling that he got from the tea, he looked down in the cup, but as it appeared just normal he shrugged.

‘Oh, and yes, maybe I should introduce myself closer.’ He chuckled and put his plate of bread and napkin away. ‘I am Éothen, Captain of Rohan. I serve King Éomer.’ He paused, but then added. ‘I am not on duty now, of course, this is a small private journey off-duty made for pleasure and exploring.’

The woman appeared troubled to him, sort of uncomfortable. He glanced around from side to side, trying to see if there was something nearby that made her feel uncomfortable. ‘My Lady...’ He started again, but stopped. He didn’t want to question her right away, it wouldn’t be polite. Especially as they barely knew each other.

‘And what is your name, my Lady? Are you from around here?’ He forced a smile, just to ease up the situation a little and took another sip off his tea.
Forth Eorlingas!