View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 03:26 PM   #2129
Seth Cotton
Pile O'Bones

Seth Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Éothen of the Rohirrim arrives

Éothen was leading his horse along the road. The horse was tired, a long night of idle riding without a smallest pause. Éothen kept calming it, stroking it over the mane slowly with his hand and saying something silently to it that was almost unhearable for ears of Men.

The road led to The Green Dragon, an old Inn he had visited so many times before. Its renowned ale was the best he had ever tasted. The horse became more and more uncomfortable and pulled the reins and snorted constantly. Not even the calming words of his Master now helped and the situation became more serious.

Éothen really suffered and felt the pain as his noble stallion did. It was a bond he had never had with another horse before, and because of it, the horse had become really precious to him.

Finally he reached the Inn, he feared before that he wouldn't make it, and just seeing the small, narrow road leading down the Inn house made him sigh in relief. A great burden from his chest was gone as if it had never been there.

He came closer to the stables and met the Stablemaster, Meriadoc. He rushed up from the stool he was sitting on, leaning against the stable wall behind him smoking some pipeweed. 'G'day Sir! Is your horse in need of rest?' He glanced at the horse, and had obviously noticed the quite radiating exhaustion.

'Aye, it is my Friend.' Éothen responded, smiling faintly at Meriadoc. 'And so am I.' He chuckled and Meriadoc did as well. Éothen handed the reins to Meriadoc and made sure his horse did get plenty of food and water. He took farewell of Meriadoc and went over to the Main Building of the Inns grounds.

He went inside, and noticed, of course as it was early morning still, that breakfast was being served. Many was already up, sitting in the Common Room talking, eating or preparing to set off. Éothen was rather hungry by now after a long night of travelling. He did actually enjoy travelling in the night, he couldn't explain why.

He got himself some tea and bread then gazed around looking for a place to sit down. He heard a womans voice talking loud just behind him, probably talking to herself, but it was loud enough to drag Éothens attention just to see who it was.

He smiled and looked at her, seeing she sat alone eating her breakfast. He cleared his throat and asked 'Would you mind if I joined you, my Lady? It would be an honour'. He smiled again and half-bowed at her. He awaited her reply, looking at her with still a warm smile.
Forth Eorlingas!