Thread: Resistance RPG
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2003, 08:29 AM   #77
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

October 31st -- dusk

Olo was still plodding determinedly along for he was fuelled with anger at Hob for deserting and the Resistance for actually deciding to take, nay steal, some o' Sharkey's weed. Nevertheless, his pace had gradually stole into a mere, continuous, plod that reminded him of a water wheel turnin' 'round an' round an' round an' --

"Can't we stop, maybe, and have a rest?" asked Brass plaintively, halting in his steps and peering at the sky, which was turning to a soft, purplish hue. "Just look at that sunset," he said broadly, pointing, "it's just so purple, like plum cake --" licked his lips wistfully -- "and usually when sunset comes, actually an hour or so before it, we have somethin' like dinner..." his voice trailed off and he shrugged his shoulders.

Olo groaned and said, "Brass, me mate, you 'ave actually said something about which I can heartily agree with you. Stupid, stupid, stupid Hob an' that Hobbit strumpet -- Brass, do you know who she was? No matter," he said scornfully as he began to build the fire, puffig vigorously at the struggling sparks. "Stupid wood's wet," he muttered. Then he launched into a tirade where he uttered some choice words at the men, the hobbits, and the world in general that caused Brass's ears to change from a delicate pink to a violent crimson. "We camp here and rise at dawn," Olo said stressfuly. "Dawn: when the sun peeks above the horizon," he added for Brass's benefit.