View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 02:58 PM   #6
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I do understand your points The Might and Groin. And I do agree we shouldn't talk politics in the Downs anyway - at least in the sense that we would start arguing who should be the president of the United States.

But that was not what I meant. Both Bethberry's and Mith's posts were more like the thing I had in mind eg. either to think about the prof's beliefs and how they would fit the contemporary world or to have fun with the idea.

I didn't want to send this to the Books as it would have easily gotten too heated there. That's why the Mirth - and because here we can more easily build up crazy theories as well. *kudos to Bethberry*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin
We don't know who he would endorse, so lets just leave it at that!
So you haven't yet run into a thread here on the 'Downs speculating about anything Tolkien might have thought and which we do not know? Are we reading the same forum?
(after just reading through Mith's points about how easy it is to be misunderstood here I'll just underline this: in all friendship and goodwill Groin, and a smile added)

~*~

Coming back to the topic then. What I found quite interesting was the realisation that there are not too many candidates around there whom Tolkien would endorse - or if the term has to strong connotations to popstars "endorsing products" then to back or vote. My suggestion of him going for McCain was mainly based on a pick for the least repulsive for him.

Ecological, socially conservative, cultured... Why is it that kind of people don't make it through in today's world?

Would Tolkien be marked a weirdo in today's world or just an unhappy voter with no real choises?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote