View Single Post
Old 11-18-2004, 07:45 PM   #9
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
1420!

I must say this a wonderful thread and everyone has brought up great things. There's not much for me to add, I'm afraid I might repeat what others have said. Anyway, my thoughts...

Saphire you are so right, the first view of Minas Tirith, oh my, just amazing, words can't describe it.

Edoras was also superbly done, I love the village on top of the little hill, and the Golden Hall sitting on top it's peak. I actually felt as if PJ stuck fairly close to the book.
Quote:
The King of the Golden Hall
The Dark gates swung open. The travellers entered, walking in file behind their guide. They found a broad path, paved with hewn stones, now winding upward, now climing in short flights of well-laid steps. Many houses built of wood and many dark doors they passed. Beside the way in a stone channel a stream of clear water flowed, sparkling and chattering. At length they came to the top of the hill. There stood a high platform above a green terrace, at the foot of which a bright spring gushed from a stone carved in the likeness of a horse's head; beneath was a wide basin from which the water spilled and fed the falling stream. Up the green terrace went a stair of stone, high and broad, and on either side of the topmost step were stone-hewn seats.
I think one scenery place that was off, but doesn't bother me much was pelennor fields. Since it does mean "fenced land." But, that I have no complaint about, just pointing out that it wasn't like that in the movie .

I don't know if I am considered one of PJ's tougher critics on this forum, and I very well maybe. I give PJ credit for doing an excellent job with the scenery, it was splendid, and I thought he captured it well. In fact in some of his commentaries he speaks about studying the chapter of Helm's Deep for years, just to get down the layout of the fortress. (Silly PJ just look in the Atlas, oh well, you did GREAT!!!!!)
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote