View Single Post
Old 06-02-2023, 02:53 PM   #621
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
This. Sounds. Amazing.
It does! It's a real sleeper of a song, because it always feels like it's just there to give all the Act One characters a bit of a sendoff, but actually it's really good!

... and I've re-recorded it with the better microphone:

Hate - hS version

I wasn't sure whether you were giving Melian two "madness" triads? The music is there, so I sang it, but when you record you can do whatever you intended. I've also shuffled the Feanorians around a bit to make them match Version 2 better (the Finrod passage).

I also got most of the missing videos back up - I think I only have 3 of the main songs to go, plus the live & Elvish versions. I might get that finished tonight, we'll see.

Quote:
*As an aside - if I was a Feanorian, I would probably revert back to the early humorous version of the translation: damn you fulfilling your part while I procrastinate...
Ohhhh, the temptation... but I decided to go with the original "curse" version. That means our only "damn"s are Luthien in her Showdown, which has a nice Pygmalion/My Fair Lady effect - it's a deliberate shock, especially so since she's damning both the Dark and the Light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Lol. I feel like if anyone actually makes this a play, or even just a read-through, I will absolutely tune in.
... don't tempt me. XD

hS

EDIT: All the main videos are now in place in the Libretto. Working on the weird ones now.

Also: my children have asked if they can sing some of the songs. I've said I want to create a short (3-4 song) version of the Zong and record them performing it. Given that there's only two of them (plus me if I'm needed, as... Sauron, I guess?), any thoughts on how it should run? I should note that the only song they ever learnt any of was the Lament. ^_^

With a little narration, something like Lament - Appeal - Camp - Duel - Truth - Epilogue might work? With one child as Finrod, one as Galadriel and Beren, and me as Sauron? Dropping Lament and the Epilogue would make it shorter, but I think they'd enjoy them. ^_^ ~hS

Last edited by Huinesoron; 06-02-2023 at 03:49 PM.
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote