View Single Post
Old 03-31-2023, 05:14 AM   #610
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Some more of the NeoDigital drawings:

I've actually made intentional changes to these; I've shortened Finrod's overly-long head and removed his necklace (it didn't really seem to add anything), and taken down Amarie's weird-looking waving arm. The nice thing about working digitally is that I can just do that - in pencil, if I've coloured something I'm stuck with it.

My thought is to put together a 3-song run of Dream-Camp-Heart to test out the new style, see whether it's a dead end.

Edit: I've also drawn Celegorm but Curufin got a bit weird looking, I'll go back to them. For now, as threatened, I've put together the run which we've just completed ; and in true Dawn style, I've called it Brethil.

I think it works better. The various things on screen look more cohesive now, even if they aren't precisely the same style.

(I should note that replacing portraits in the video maker is trivially easy - I literally just had to replace the source files in their folder and re-export. The thing that took the time was salvaging the mess I'd made of Camp when I started the video for Heart, but even that wasn't too bad.)

hS

Last edited by Huinesoron; 03-31-2023 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Brethil
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote