View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 09:36 AM   #682
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Folwren,

Don't feel bad. Kwell's young and inexperienced so it's not surprising he would have done something impulsive like this.

I think it can work for Kwell either way. I am imagining one or two casualties among the women and children but not a large number. Whether those few casualties could have been prevented by Kwell staying where Lindir put him is impossible for anyone to say. And of course whatever Kwell is doing with Carl may prove very helpful. Feel free to keep Kwell on the eastern edge of camp or have him go back, whatever you prefer.

Lindir understands Kwell is facing a lot of hard decisions and challenges. He'll probably speak with him when this whole battle is over and quietly emphasize that next time Kwel let Aiwendil or Lindir know that he's going to be doing something different.

Will that work for you?

Quote:
That means there is another group of horses running around looking for the women and children.
Yes, I haven't read your post yet, but that was what I was suggesting to Durelin. If we follow that idea, this would simply mean slicing that particular group of ten slavers into two---four will be fighting closer to the women and children, and the other six are where Kwell is.

Have a great visit with your relatives. We'll make sure your characters get dragged along, but I am thinking things will go forward steadily but slowly so you won't miss too much. You can always do a post when you return and Pio or I will slip it into someone else"s "box" earlier in the thread.