View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 11:40 AM   #829
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
“Mistress Puddifoot...” Dick said thoughtfully to himself. “I don't rightly know if I have ever met this Mrs. Puddifoot. Maybe she wouldn't be a bad replacement for Cook? I wonder...”

He was sunk in thought for a moment, and then Tolly said, “Wouldn't say no to another, if you're offering, Master Boffin. How's the Missus, by the way? And the wee ones?”

“Certainly, I'm offering,” Dick said, reaching out his hand and taking the mug. He filled it and handed it back. “Lilly is doing quite well, thank you, as well as the rest of the family. They're all as healthy as you could wish for this time of year. Lilly worries something awful about Cook missing. She says it will be a drain on the business and may cause the Perch to lose some of it's old name. I told her that couldn't be, as the ale's stayed the same, even if Cook has disappeared. She cares something awful about this place, her old dad having owned it and run it before me. If you'd like to know, it can be something of a rough ride to try to fill the old man's shoes.”

As he spoke, a whiff of air came from the kitchen as Prim came out of it. Dick turned his head and sniffed. “I say, they've got lunch already going! I'm dashed if Mrs. Puddifoot did go and take over for Cook!”