View Single Post
Old 03-01-2004, 07:16 PM   #202
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Just to make it a little more fun

Balin

A babble of half formed insults as well as daring challenges assaulted Balin’s ear and he realized, with an amused grin, that there was a quarrel with Lîn and Narin that had rapidly turned into a grand fist fight. The other dwarves had formed an arena around the two and were cheering lustily for their favourite. For a moment he did nothing but watch, wondering what all the fuss was about. He was pleased that the dwarven lass was holding her own so well and he would have liked to see if she would win in the end.

But no matter what his desires were, it was his duty to keep peace between the dwarves. Walking slowly towards them, he smiled when she landed a handsome hook upon Narin’s jaw and watched with hidden pleasure as the blows rained down upon the two unfortunate dwarves. No, Lîs, go for the stomach! Hit him soundly in the gut! . He cringed when Lîn drove a punch with all her might and missed; it sent her reeling forward, and Nali pressed his advantage to the utmost.

Almost unwilling, he pressed his way within the circle and stepped up to the two combatants, waiting for the opportune moment to stop the fight. A punch that landed solidly on Lîn ‘s jaw spun her half way round and Balin stepped quickly between them. Opening his mouth to speak he shouted, “Stop this --” and the next thing he felt were four knuckles ramming themselves into his cheek.

mark 12_30 , my idea is that Lin accidently punched Balin. My thinking is that she didn't see Balin when Narin's punch kind of turned her around and she just swung as quickly as she could without looking to see just who she was punching.

Is that okay with you? If it isn't, I'll gladly edit.

Cheers!
Imladris