View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 11:50 AM   #288
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Thanks to our latest spambot for reminding me to report on Wednesday's reading!

Despite some severe time constraints, we managed to honour Baggins Day by reading the final couple of pages from The Council of Elrond. The cast, in order of appearance:

Lommy as the narrator and Frodo;
Gwathagor in a schizophrenic debate with himself as Boromir and Aragorn (which of them played the banjo?);
TGEW as The Great Elven Loremaster, Elrond, and his counsellor, Erestor*;
yours truly as Gandalf (his lungs and throat obviously suffering from centuries of smoking the weed of the Halflings);
Legate as Glóin (continuing the tradition of Slavic accented Dwarves**) and Sam;
Hookbill as Glorfindel*** and Bilbo (also provider of musical interludes).

Everybody was fabulous, as usual. Due to the above-mentioned time constraints, our habitual explorations of the borderland between profound discussion and collective insanity were somewhat curtailed this time, but I'm confident that we'll more than compensate for that in the future...

*I don't know if anybody's mentioned it yet, but TGEW has a real badass voice! Her Elrond sounded like, "Use the Ring against Sauron? Nah, young Boromir, we'll have none of that nonsense here!" (By the way, I feel I should probably apologize for repeatedly mistaking her family members for pets (and vice versa?) - somehow I never remember who is which!)
**They beat the Scottish ones anytime (pace John Rhys-Davies)!
***Forget the Gondolin backstory - Yorkshire is where he's from!