View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 07:27 AM   #29
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Underhill View Post
But I see that she has done quite a few fanfic paintings. I see a contact link on her site... could a REB series be in the offing?
*evil maniacal laughter*

Do it Esty, do it, do it!!!!

Quote:
This website shows though Nasmith's influence on the Film Trilogy. It makes a solid case I think to his influence.

http://tednasmith.narod.ru/

ArathornJax
That is a very interesting website...however, I'm not sure I find it totally convincing on all points. A number of the paintings and shots are quite dissimilar in content. I cite "Beren and Luthien are Flown to Safety" and the shot of Gandalf being carried over the mountains, the Arwen and Aragorn comparisons, the Eowyn and Witch-king comparisons and the shadow of Sauron shots. A number of the other ones are more similar but that mostly seems attributable to their being about the same thing.

There are a couple of pictures, though, that I do find a bit striking. "Leaving the Shire" and the shot of Gandalf's cart is one example. "Gandalf Escapes Upon Gwaihir" and the comparable shot from the movie is another. "The Anger of the Mountain" does seem to serve as inspiration for the shot from the movie. I also agree that the Watcher shots are probably related. I think the Dead Marshes shots are the ones where Nasmith's influence could most strongly be felt...they really are almost identical. The comparison of the Ents wrecking Isengard is nearly that similar too.