View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 07:43 AM   #1
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Tolkien Admin thread for WWXXXV: Werewolves among the Wolf-men

Now, we journey back into the mists of time...

Amon Rûdh. A lone hill on the plains west of the valley of Sirion. In its depths, in halls delved aeons ago by forgotten hands, several Outlaws hide from the searching eyes of Morgoth's spies. These men (and women) gathered from all over the Beleriand on rumour of the Dragon Helm of Dor-Lómin, which appeared again in these lands. Brave and weak, sly and meek, bandits and veterans, soldiers and settlers: these people have gathered here on Amon Rûdh, by chance, it could be said. But not all of them are just simple folk: several Morgoth's spies, vicious spirits disguised in human form, have managed to sneak to the ranks of the Outlaws of Amon Rûdh. They cannot reach their master Morgoth now and cannot hope to defeat all the Outlaws at once. So, under the cover of night, they take on their true form – that of the dire wolves, and they try to kill the Outlaws one by one, until there are so few left that they can easily overpower them. But the Outlaws know how to defend themselves, so they start restless hunt for the terrible Werewolves – hunt started by a man who, now hidden among the Outlaws, was once called Túrin, son of Húrin of Dor-Lómin...

Dear Downers, friends, fellow Werewolf players, Tolkien-lovers, and especially you who count yourselves among the fans of the amazing tale of Túrin Turambar. I would like to welcome you on the admin thread for the Werewolf XXXV game, which will be, for this time, taking place in ages long past, in times when Shadow crept from the North and the fate of Beleriand darkened. In this game, I am hoping to give you the possibility of taking part in one of Middle-Earth's most famous stories, experiencing on your own skin the feelings of Túrin, Beleg and many others as the Outlaws of Amon Rûdh. This is the time of decision, time of doubts and danger. Do you dare to enter the secret halls of Amon Rûdh, delved in ages past by Petty Dwarves? And if you do, will you be able to come out again?

We are, of course, creating an „alternate history“ fiction here, so I made some little changes to the story of Túrin to have it suitable and interesting for the game. I think the game could be suitable even for newcoming players, but on the other hand I think it might be interesting enough for the veterans. This game will feature three Werewolves and a good deal of „innocent“ Outlaws (as much as we can get), as well as the „Gifted“ roles of Beleg and Túrin, and some (little) surprises.

Signed up:

Rikae
Shastanis Althreduin
Nogrod
Macalaure
Isabellkya
Brinniel
Lhunardawen
xyzzy
Gil-Galad
the guy who be short
Mithalwen
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 06-24-2007 at 01:30 PM.
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote