View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 10:23 AM   #39
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
So we have three self-proclaimed baddies around? How should we take it?

This situation calls for a citation and some listening to the wisdom of the two Queens speaking there.

"What do you mean by 'If you really are a Queen'? What right have you to call yourself so? You can't be a Queen, you know, till you passed the proper examination. And the sooner we begin, the better."

"I only said 'if'!" poor Alice pleaded in a piteous tone.

The two queens looked at each other, and the Red Queen remarked with a little shudder. "She says she only said 'if'..."

"But she said a great deal more than that!" the White Queen moaned, wringing her hands. "Oh, ever so much more than that!"

"So you did, you know." the Red Queen said to Alice. "Always speak the truth - think before you speak - and write it down afterwards."

"I'm sure I didn't mean..." Alice was beginning, but the Red Queen interrupted her impatiently.

"That's just what I complain of! You should have meant! What do you suppose is the use of a child without any meaning? Even a joke should have some meaning."

I couldn't put it better...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote