View Single Post
Old 02-12-2004, 02:44 PM   #258
Lumiel

Lumiel has just left Hobbiton.
I'm going to die, I'm going to die, I'm going to die...is all she could think. The fire had miraculously avoided her prison up until now. Now its flames licked greedily at the closet, as if preparing for the feast of human flesh it would soon have. Desperate and sure of her own demise, the young child pounded still on the doors though she had no hope.

Suddenly, beyond her belief, she heard the heavy thud of boots as they entered the kitchen and she heard a deep, gruff voice say,
Quote:
"Don't worry, Im going to get you out of there!"
. As he spoke, he poured a bucket of water and then a bucket of sand on the closet and the young girl put her small hands in front of her face. Not that it mattered, her eyes stung bitterly in the smoke as did her nose.

With only a weak grip on consciousness still, she hunkered down low. She twitched and let out a frightened cry when the dwarf let loose his axe on the storage closet. Small shafts of light broke through and cast a red light on her short blonde hair and dirty face. A second swing of Fungrim's axe broke the door and she cringed as a few sparks landed on her skin, doing no real harm.

Before she could summon the strength from what little remained to look at her rescuer, Fungrim wrapped his water-soaked cloak around her and snatched her up with ease. He looked around for a way out. Though she had been saved from death, the Inn was still a very dangerous place to be. Her eyelids fell heavily down, now that she could give in safely to the sleep her body wanted so desperately to fall into from the smoke. "Thank you..." she whispered just loud enough for Fungrim to hear before the darkness overtook her and body fell limp in his arms.