View Single Post
Old 02-11-2004, 05:28 PM   #248
Galadel Vinorel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadel Vinorel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Galadel Vinorel Send a message via Yahoo to Galadel Vinorel
Silmaril Galadel

Galadel heard the angry villager rant and rave about how the “outsiders” were the ones who had caused the terrible fire.

Standing up from where she had been treating a burn victim, the elf responded to the hobbit in a firm, clear voice, “But, sir, how do you know for certain that it was one of us travelers who caused this fire? Maybe it was one of the people of the village, or even one of the workers at the inn. Yet, sir, this discussion is not as important at the moment, I believe, as the fact that there are injured people here to treat, and an inn to fix up. So, why don’t we all work together, rather than pointing fingers, which will only cause more problems for us all?”

With that Galadel knelt back down to her patient and went on with her work of healing the wounded.
“Words can never convey the incredible impact of our attitude toward life. The longer I live the more convinced I become that life is 10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we respond to it." -Charles R. Swindoll