View Single Post
Old 01-15-2003, 02:38 PM   #72
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Don and Rie hurried outside to go on the walk Cami suggested. Don kept finding flowers and picking them, while looking wistfully at the beautiful flowers that grew in the gardens. "Those flowers are more beautiful than these wild ones," said Don.

"No, they're not. Even those these flowers are wild they can still be beautiful. You're wild," said Rie.

"And ugly."

Rie looked closely at the hobbit girl. She certainly wasn't beautiful, but her brown curls that crowned her head wildly, her large and soft brown eyes like a deer's, her rosy cheeks... this child was beautiful in her own special way.

Rie took one of the blue flowers from Don's hands and stuck it in the girl's hair. "That little flower is beautiful, and so are you."

A smile came to Don's face, but all she did was pick another flower from the ground.

Nuru finished her task, still humming an elven song to herself, named Trî I Taur. She was very excited about seeing Bilbo again, and would do anything, if only she would be allowed to join him in the feast.

"And Sam, and all the little children!" said Nuru, her eyes sparkling at the thought. "He has a few new ones that weren't there when I was here last, I think. Elo! it will be so wonderful to see him again!"

Filigod glîren i gelaidh,
govannen na athan glîr...

She began to sing the song once again as she half danced over to Cami to ask what she could do next.