View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 11:57 PM   #728
Rose
Haunting Spirit

Rose has just left Hobbiton.
Folwren

Hmmm, well........

I think we've decided that time has moved forward a bit. It was rather vague, but enough to get us past the whole episode with the wolves.

At the top of the present page on the Inn game thread it's mid morning. Rowan and Prim got up late and discovered Cook is missing - vanished. Breakfast was more or less thrown together and served buffet style in the common room. Everyone at the Inn has been throwing out ideas about what might have happened to Cook. Most of which have no basis in reality.

Granny Greenhill (my character) has come to the Inn - she had the Shiriff sent for and suggested Will be sent to fetch back Hugh, the postman, since Rowan recalled that she'd seen Cook reading a fat letter Hugh delivered the previous day and Cook seemed to have reacted badly to what was in the letter.

So, Will's off to find Hugh (who, it's been decided, will most likely be found at Gardenia's Boffin's place northwest of Stock).

Hithadan, the ranger, has spied a suspicious Hobbit (Mungo Brandybuck) trying to sneak out of the Inn and calls for him to be held. Granny lays the fellow low and some unidentified fellows in the Inn drag him up to face the shiriff and the ranger.

None of us players know whether or not Mungo knows anything of importance, but someone can maybe make up something he's seen or heard on his nefarious nocturnal dealings on the night Cook disappeared. Whatever we find out from him, we can head off in that direction with the game.

Rowan and Prim have gone off to Cook's room to see if they can find any sort of clue.

There is also an Elf, Tavaro, who couldn't sleep during the night and was out wandering about. Maybe he will bring up something he recalls while he was out walking.

I don't think anyone has mentioned the Innkeeper. So I suppose you can just jump in as you want once you've read through the posts.

So, who's here: Envinyatar (Hithadan); Arry (Will); Undome (Rowan and Prim, now a sort of NPC); Lilly (Gardenia Boffin, Hugh Mossytoes the postman); Tam Lin (Tavaro the elf); Tiffany Aching (Miribelle Rushybanks); & me (Granny Greenhill). The Shiriff, Rusty Smallburrow, is a character I think Pio said we could all use now as long we make ourselves familiar with his original bio.

And, oh yes, I think Mithalwen has said she and Kath are going to pop back in at some point.

Hope that helps!