View Single Post
Old 07-18-2003, 02:23 PM   #100
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
Eye

Sammael was on his way to the tent, he opened the flap, but was dragged to the side by a strong arm. He was thrown to the ground and re-pulled his dagger. He looked up in a stern face. His thoughts were ravaging as he realized he looked in the stern face of Thorgom.
This man surely would not show mercy and was a dangerous foe. Sammael had a bit of doubt if was able, but knew he could handle him. He stood up and took a threatening pose. Thorgom did not seem impressed. Sammael had heard how the man had slaughtered the father. Sammael made a strike and his blade made a cut on the cheeck or Thorgom. Thorgom licked the blood and watched. Sammael looked at him and punched him to the ground. Thorgom got agitaed and suddenly made a swing with his throwing axe and Sammael's knife went flying. He felt a bit cornered and wanted to shout for help, but Thorgom walking away and beckoning him to follow caught him of.

Sammael was led to Thorgom's tent and took the chair in the corner. Thorgom sad on the ground with crossed legs. Sammael had no idea why he was here and why he followed, but he was interested in a way in what the man had to say. Thorgom was looking at Sammael as he was taking a seat.

"As a leader, I don't think it will get you much respect if you stab a disobedient to death. Even if he is pulling the blood from underneath your nails. If your soldiers hold a grudge against you or have fear, it will only leave you watching your back. And that is not a pleasant feeling." Thorgom said in a calm voice.

"You think you can tell me what to do? I will lead in my own way."

"Yes whatever you say. Didn't that other leader need to tell them to listen to you? But it's up to you to do with what I tell to you. You don't approve of these sacrifices do you?"

Thorgom's question came as a surprise to Sammael and before he could help it he had already said "no".

"I don't either. It is a cruel fact that has no use. She could have done much more use instead of dying. Here father was even worse. He sold his daughter and that is why he deserved to die. If she hadn't given the order he would have got the axe anyway. What I just want to tell you, for some reason you look like a decent man and I would be eager to follow you. I don't trust any of these man here, they would sell their own mother if it was profitable to them. When the time is there, I'll watch your back."

"That's all? That's why I am here?" Sammael thought.

"Ehm okay. I'll keep that in mind. Well, I'm heading back to camp. You want to join me?"

"Yeah sure, I could use some distraction of this damn place. Nothing happens here."

[ July 19, 2003: Message edited by: Helkahothion ]