View Single Post
Old 10-03-2002, 08:15 AM   #113
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

"Wait!" he cried softly. She paused, then turned and came back to his side. He stood and faced her. His eyes, which had been dull and troubled, were now clear and sparkled as with a new resolve. Whatever darkness had troubled him, seemed to have passed, leaving him calm and certain, and when he spoke his voice was clear and fair.

"It is said that the Eldar do not suffer the weight of bearing children as do Women of my race. And though you be half-Elven, I see in you the grace and strength of the Eldar. You are needed in aid of our task at the forefront of our efforts; not left behind waiting breathlessly for news. I trust you. I have learned to do so despite myself." He laughed quietly.

"When we first met, you seemed strange, your motives unfathomable. You troubled me, I who had bound myself with rules, routines and cares. You were beautiful then, as now, but I did not understand you. But when I came to know your singlemindedness, your fierce determination and dedication to those to whom you owed nothing, I found that you are altogether admirable and I loved you." He kissed her tenderly then stepped back and looked into her eyes.

"I could lose myself in you," he murmured, then he spoke in a strong voice. "I trust you not to risk yourself without cause. We shall do this thing together; I will not be selfish. You shall ride in the first ship as you planned, and we shall both do our parts."

She burrowed her head in his shoulder and embraced him tightly. When she looked up, tears sparkled in her eyes. "I have never met one such as you," she said.

"Nor I you," he answered. "Let us rejoice now, for later our task will consume us." Hand in hand, they went below decks.