View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 05:00 PM   #6
Aiwendil
Late Istar

Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
My wish-list is:

1. A full Tale of Earendil - this is the one major story in the Legendarium for which we have nothing even approaching a 'full version'.

2. A large-scale telling of the Fall of Numenor and the Last Alliance - this strikes me as being capable of sustaining much more than a short work like the Akallabeth. I think that Amandil, Elendil, Isildur, Anarion, Ar-Pharazon and the rest would make great characters in a novel-length version.

3. Maglor's Noldolante - a full telling of the flight of the Noldor. Like the Fall of Numenor, I think this story has everything needed for a great novel.

4. The Lost Road - I found this really intriguing, and I wish we had more than four chapters of it. I'd love to read some of the intermediate chapters, between the modern ones and the Numenorean - some of the ideas in the outline sounded very interesting.

5. Tal-Elmar - for some reason, this fragment really drew me in. I'm not sure whether it was really going anywhere, but I think it could have gone somewhere good.
Aiwendil is offline   Reply With Quote