View Single Post
Old 09-07-2015, 09:06 AM   #99
Findegil
King's Writer

Findegil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Take some patience! Hopefully we will not be so alone for long. At least Aiwendils last post it not unusellay fare in the past. I am sure he will come back at some point (I hope soon). From Maedhros we have not heard for a long time and I fear that he lost interest. gondowe has allways be an unregular poster so that I would think that he will also come back. I hope that with naming this three as main contributers of the last wave (or waves) of activity I will not affornt anybody. It was not meant in that way, each and every contribution is important!

About the split: In our Ainulindalė we skipt from mid of §23 [... And in this work the chief part was taken by Manwė and Aulė and Ulmo. But Melkor, too, was there AINU-08.2 {from the first}<soon>, and he meddled in all that was done, turning it, if he might, to his own desires and purposes AINU-08.3 . {; and he ...] to the end of §38. We us again §39 to §41.
The rest of §23 and the §24 to §38 of the Ainulindale D build together with additions from Myths Transformed and Annals of Aman the chapter Of the Beginning of Time Beside some small snipets used in that chapter the Later Silmarillion becomes the basic text for our editing starting with §12 [In the darkness and the confusion ...]. Were the break will be between the chapters Of the Beginning of Time and Of Valinor and the Two Trees is not yet clear. In think it would be best in the middle of §12 between [... Thus {he}[Melkor[/u] escaped from the wrath of the Valar, and far in the North he VT-SL-01 <editorial addition had> built himself a fortress, and delved great caverns underground, and deemed that he was secure from assault for ever.VT-LQ-01 <LQ2[footnote to the text: The chief of his fortresses was at Utumno in the North of Middle-earth; but he made also a fortress and armoury not far from the northwestern shores of the Sea, to resist any assault from Aman. This was called Angband and was commanded by Sauron, lieutenant of Melkor.]>] and [Thus ended the Spring of Arda. And the dwelling of the Valar upon Almaren was utterly destroyed, and the {Gods}[Valar] had no abiding place upon the face of the earth. ...]. I hope this is helpful.

Concerning the essay: It is true that the goal of this project is not concerned with style, but the text has to be at least readily readable. And therefore such questions as these have to wait the actual editing. Normaly either the producer of the draft or some one else will try to incooperate such addtions and the group will then discuss if the value gained is worth the desruption done, or will together better the editing until the result is okay for us.

Quote:
One more thing - I don't have access to Vinyar Tengwar nor Parma Eldalamberon, so it would more than welcome if you (if you have them) add (or propose adding) some stuff from VT or PE which otherwise might have been lost.
That is how the forum has ever worked: who knows something to add will bring the idea forward. If the source is not readily accesible for all, some one who has access will put up the neccessary part of the text and its background / commentray so that every body who reads here my contribute. And when the issue is decided whoever is working at the actual text my put it together.

Respectfuly
Findegil
Findegil is offline   Reply With Quote