View Single Post
Old 10-09-2004, 02:41 AM   #22
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Yes, Saucy - I can remember that we've discussed Pippin's instinctive aspects and his closeness to all things spiritual, though I don't remember which thread that was. Often, those character traits are attributed to women, aren't they? And perhaps Merry's organisational abilities and skills as a "do-er" are more masculine, which would mean that the two of them complement each other. Mind you, that's not intended to be a generalization of feminine and masculine character, but as there's no female in the Fellowhip, Pippin seems to be the one who takes that role to some extent. There has to be someone ("dumb blonde" ) to whom things are explained, someone who follows the others' lead, someone who makes mistakes that turn out to be for the good because of some instinctive sense that can't be logically explained.

I'm not sure whether those spontaneous thoughts hold water, but it's worth thinking about.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote