View Single Post
Old 06-27-2004, 10:20 AM   #1
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
Question How do you imagine other BDers?

All right, I admit, I can't help myself: I'm always trying to form mental images of other BDers. It's a sickness. I don't really want to know what my fellow Downers are like in the real world, since it's what goes on here that matters, but for some reason I just get these really intense visions of certain people. I was wondering if this is the same for others out there?

To get the ball rolling. The following are some of the BDers who I have very clearly defined pictures of in my mind's eye:

Durelin: She has very black, very straight, shoulder-length hair. She's not very tall (sorry Durelin), but carries herself with assurance. She wears glasses, but they're very trendy and selected to match her wardrobe which is dominated by sensible, solid colours. Her eyes are probably brown, but might be dark green.

Saucepan Man: He is very skinny and tall, lanky possibly, but with the first signs of a pot belly (sorry SpM). He has a beard that he likes to keep closely and neatly trimmed, but he can't always manage that. Hair and eyes are brown, with the hair slightly curly. His fingers are long and nimble. He likes to wear sweaters and cords, or possibly khakis, never jeans. His clothes are well made and fit properly, but they're all just a little threadbare.

Pio: She wears her hair in a bun that is always threatening to come loose; the colour of her hair is probably auburn or red, most likely a deep brown with red highlights. Her eyes are absolutely brown. She is very tall and walks with great aplomb. She desses in cotton shifts and dresses only, except when she is gardening, which is when the old overalls come out. She likes to wear hats, but prefers sensible things that keep off the sun to frouffy beflowered things. She has a few freckles and burns easily (hence the hats).

Kransha: He is of medium height and build (sorry Kransha), with black hair that's always getting in his eyes. He has a goatee that he thinks is quite fetching but some find it a little silly (very sorry Kransha). His eyes are dark brown. He likes to wear dark clothes, usually a button down shirt with jeans or dark trousers. He smiles a lot, and wears glasses -- small, round glasses that are supposed to look like Lennon's, and sometimes do.

I hope nobody takes offense. I hope even more fervently that I don't find out what these people actually look like, as this is much more fun.

There are a number of people around here who I would like to have a mental picture of but do not, as of yet: Aman, Himaran, Eowyn Skywalker, Nurumaiel, Aylwen (although I'm pretty close to one with her), The Barrow Wight, Esty and Bethberry are currently at the top of my wish-list.

Last edited by Fordim Hedgethistle; 06-27-2004 at 10:24 AM.
Fordim Hedgethistle is offline   Reply With Quote